Online Day Trading Software - 6 Reason Why I Chose The Software

This article will explain what Online Trading Software Platform I purchased and the 6 reasons why I chose the platform.
You will need to make a list of functions and services that you will need before you purchased a data feed and charting package. Because Online Trading Software is a very personal decision, what I like about the software may not be what you need or are interested in. The bottom line is that you must have a list of criteria and select the best company based on your list.
Do not start shopping before you have this list because you will be sucked into features and functions that you will never use.
Ok, let's move forward and look at my personal list of criteria.
Reason 1) Real Time Data: When I first looked into the different options for software, I knew that I needed a robust platform that would supply me with real time data. This limited my choices down because a lot of the free web based programs have a data delay. Since I day trade and swing trade, I could not afford to have a data delay (which is OK if you are trading long term).
Reason 2) Wide Variety of Market Data: I needed market data for the CME and NYMEX
Reason 3) Wide Variety of Indicators and Charting Methods: I wanted a platform that would do Point and Figure Charting as well as Japanese Candlesticks. I also needed the MACD, RSI, and Moving Averages.
Reason 4) Competitive Rates: I needed a provider that had rates I could afford for the data that I needed.
Reason 5) Easy Custom Programming: I required a platform that I could program with out having to be a Computer Engineer. I wanted to be able to back test strategies, program custom indicators and trading systems somewhat easily.
Reason 6) Reputable Company: I wanted to stay with a reputable company that had an established presence with its platform and data feed.
[Side Note: Another reason I did not want to write this article is because it looks like a promotion for TradeStation. This article is not making me any money from TradeStation. I am not affiliated with TradeStation in anyway other then using their platform, datafeed, and having a brokerage account with them.]
After looking at several options following my 6 reasons above, I decided to purchase a subscription to TradeStation.
I opened up an account with them because they offered a discount if I was a brokerage client (Reason number 4 above).
TradeStation uses a programming language called EasyLanguage that is user friendly (after all, it's called EasyLanguage) once you get the hang of it. They even offer classes that you can take if you are confused or want to get really good with it.
It allows me to back test, program custom indicators, modify indicators (Reason number 5 above).
It also has just about every kind of market data that you could ask form including CME and NYMEX (Reason number 2 above).
On top of everything else, it had won numerous awards from industry publications (Barron's and Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities). (Reason number 6 above).
When you first start with TradeStation it is a little overwhelming. However, it is like anything else in life, the more you use it, the easier it becomes.
I am sure that I will be getting a lot of questions on TradeStation now, which was not my intention of the article. They also have an extensive help section and BLOG if you run into any problems. I hope this helps you see the methodology I used in order to select my Online Trading Software successfully.